Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filling a form in Arabic

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am filling a PDF using Arabic alphabets. it seems fine while I am printing them, as Shown:

While_writing.png

But when I save the file, then open it, the Arabic alphabets characters I printed on the file is shown as separated characters ! 

After_Saving.png

I updated the software, and restarted my PC but the problem still occurs.

I am using Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit  OS.

Thanks in advanced,
Aziz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

The discussion here is about Fill & Sign which fails with Arabic. However, Acrobat supports forms with Arabic content very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi abdulazizalmoh

Assuming you are using Acrobat Reader to fill the form, could you please let me know the version of Acrobat Reader installed on the machine?

Launch Reader>About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Have you tried with another file?

What is the workflow you are following?

Would it be possible to share the form with us, i have sent you a private message for the same, please respond to that message.

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Aziz,

Adobe Fill & Sign have problem with Arabic script. When you fill the form, all appears fine, once you leave the "Fill & Sign" workspace whatever you typed in Arabic will be scrambled as it appears in your screenshot.

Acrobat team please address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps you can assist us. We have created an editable PDF form in Arabic and English. When we test it on our systems, the Arabic words typed get flipped and spell backwards. And at the client end, the client is unable to enter any Arabic content at all 

The English form works fine.

Could you please advise?

Thank you

Srinath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assalamu Alaikum, 

Could possibly use your help. I'm creating a nutrition label in English that is fillable with all of the values (all numbers). Then I have created a copy of that nutrition label in arabic text as well and copied all of the number fields used in the english version into the Arabic version. However I want them to be displayed in arabic text. I have changed the font to adobe arabic. But they just type in normal characters instead of arabic. Is there a way to do this? 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way Aziz,

In order to fill the form now properly, just don't use "Fill & Sign" feature, use "Edit PDF" rather so you may type Arabic and print it properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working Filling a form in Arabic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Nabeel

You need to have Adobe Acrobat Pro or Standard in order to type on the PDF in Arabic.

Ideally, the form creator should convert the form into what we call eForm so that any one with the free Adobe Reader can fill it up, save it, and share it or even better Submit it to the sender using native PDF capabilities. You need to tell us more so we can suggest some thing suitable to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 17.9.20058.234434

AGM: 4.30.69

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.38123

and even on Windows edition....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that acrobat dc does not handle Arabic script properly when comes to forms. Even if you try to print, the filled up Arabic text will be revered. The only solution that I know is to revert back to acrobat reader 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussion here is about Fill & Sign which fails with Arabic. However, Acrobat supports forms with Arabic content very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd like to check if there has been a fix on this issue when filling a form in Arabic. My colleague said that the characters get separated when she tries to fill the form.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any new updates ? , i'm still facing the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Abdullah, not fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I was able to fix the problem by adding my arabic text as a signature to fill my form. hope that will help

regards

Screenshot 2023-09-28 182924.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Work around solution. Not the practical way.

It is not practical to make new signature for each sentence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines