• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix damaged PDF

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open a specific document I save I get the following error: "Adobe Reader could not open … because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn’t correctly decoded)."

This PDF was saved by myself to my desktop as a PDF yesterday  morning. Unfortunately now it does not want to open. It was not emailed. The size of the pdf is 46.6Kb. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC, restarted my computer, turned off the protected view...no luck. This is also the ONLY file that is not working out of the 3 I saved early.

I keep seeing the below image as the fix on this forum but where am putting this HKLM/HKCU information in? Can any break down the "resolution" below so I can retrieve my PDF? Or another fix? Thank you!

Screenshot_20200730-151424_Chrome.jpg

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this you must use the registry of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have directions on how to use this or a more simple way to fix the pdf file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the tool you used to create the PDF file? 

Please tell us more about your operating system and version, the software and version. Please use EXACT version numbers. "Latest version" does not tell us that you really have the latest version and will no more be true at the next version level.

When you open the file with a text editor (like notepad on a Windows PC) what does the first line look like?

It should be something like %PDF-1.6

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not understand the advice to change the registry then DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS. THE  REGISTRY IS DANGEROUS. YOU COULD LOSE YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM. I suggest you do the test with Notepad which is quick and easy, and May show it really was damaged. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines