• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font on pdf changes when on my website

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my pdf documents with a specific Celtic font Unical Antiqua is fine on Google Drive but when I upload them to my Memberpress Elementor website they can to another basic font which does not match the rest of my Course material. Weirdly when someone downloads them they return to the original font also went printed. The only change I can think of is that I signed up for Adobe DC since I created documents previously that were fine. Any ideas?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the font in question embedded in the PDF file(s)? Or are you making assumptions as to the availability of a font that isn't embedded in the PDF file(s)? Exactly how are you creating the PDF files and from what application using which options with Acrobat DC?

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,
I simply use the Save As feature on my computer file and scroll down to
choose pdf and that's it. I don't go near my new Adobe DC feature at all.
Should I?
Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are on Windows and  using a Microsoft Office application, the save as facility uses Microsoft's PDF generator which is fairly buggy and doesn't properly embed many fonts into PDF files. Acrobat DC installs a Save as Adobe PDF function which produces much better PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, DOV,
interestingly I never had any problems before with Microsoft Office it has
been only since I purchased Adobe that this function is giving me this
issue. Is it somehow disabling it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat does absolutely nothing to change how Office works.

The biggest issue with Microsoft's PDF generation in terms of what users experience is that their PDF generator doesn't support embedding of OpenType CFF fonts. It only knows how to embed OpenType TTF and TrueType fonts.

I am guessing that what happened is that you are using an OpenType CFF font that is not getting embedded with Microsoft's PDF generator and that results in recipients of your PDF file on other systems experiencing font substitution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much for your answers. I don't understand how some documents
with exactly the same font are fine and others not - maybe it is the
length?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines