• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font package

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i save a document i scan as a pdf no one else can open it as it requires a font package.

can i download a different version of adobe reader to stop this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the font package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no problem opening the saved documents

its when i send them to others they cant open them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the others must install the font package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i not do something differently? install older version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not help. Acrobat Reader doesn't create the PDF file. Your scanner software creates the PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have already told me that the problem is with opening the saved document which is not their issue but adobes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the problem of Adobe. When you install the required font pack you can open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some scanners use special fonts. There is no problem at all with Acrobat Reader. It sees that the PDF uses special fonts, and tells the user how to get them. Everything is working as designed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of my recipients want to install font package and ask me to send in a different format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe use a different scanner. It's the scanner software doing this. Are you actually using any paid-for Adobe software to make this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epson refuse to accept this.

this scanner is in my office and is handy for me to use. I want to solve the issue not ignore it : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then Epson (the Epson support you spoke to) are wrong. This has been repeatedly discussed for many years. You can try updating their scanner software to see if Epson fixed it.

Epson development don't see a problem because they are in Japan, and everyone already has the required fonts. This is probably why it is hard to communicate the problem to them. But it is real.

We've told you the two ways to solve this. If you don't like either solution, I don't have any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines