• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force Reader DC to update from command line

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary: I need to find a way to have Reader DC look for and install updates on command without user intervention. I was hoping for some sort of command line option like: AcroRd32.exe /update

Does anyone know how to do this?

Details: We are setting up some computers to be used by students for training purposes and have decided to use a system to simulate the old Windows XP SteadyState to keep them from getting thrashed. The system we're considering allows for automated updates to be saved into the baseline but only if they can be triggered from a batch file or powershell script. I've searched around but found nothing. I know that DC auto-updates but if it does the update outside of the specified, middle of the night update window, the update will be eliminated when the system reverts to the saved baseline just before it starts the update period. It has to do the reversion to keep any malware and unauthorized changes that might have happened during the day from being incorporated into the new baseline. If I can't get the update to happen during this window, the system will be doomed to reinstall the latest version of DC each time it reverts (which could be several times a day). The alternative would be to find a way to disable the auto-update all together but then I would have to manually update the systems periodically. I'd prefer not. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Not aware of any such.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offer an Enterprise Installation Toolkit. This describes the command line for installing and updating but it's up to you to download and manage the patches. (You'll also need a redistribution license to be permitted to install Reader without a specific end user to accept the EULA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at that but it seemed that I would have needed to setup an elaborate system to "serve" the updates out to the systems. I was hoping for a simple update command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not aware of any such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines