Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forced to sign into account when I open a pdf file

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For a while now, I have been forced to sign into my Adobe account when I try to open a pdf stored on my laptop. This is unneccesary and getting to be very annoying.

Is there any way I can turn this feature off?

Thanks.

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

No, but if you don't sign off it should stay signed in, unless something is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but if you don't sign off it should stay signed in, unless something is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Do you know if this has this been fixed yet? I used a colleagues ID to sort an issue out on a job, now Ive signed out I can no longer use the free version as it is asking me to sign in. If i close the sign in dialogue box, adobe reader closes too...so how do i read files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sign in. Why is that a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I sign in, I have to start the free 7 day trial....then you have to pay. That is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I see what's happened, Paul. I assume you mistyped when you said you used a colleague's ID, since that is strictly forbidden. So I assume you meant that your colleague used their ID so they could work on your computer (which is fine). Now, that colleague probably had an All Apps subscription including Acrobat. And I imagine they wanted to read a PDF. So - as with any subscriber - Acrobat Reader (free) was turned into Acrobat Pro (paid for). There is no way to undo this (a real pity). Try a complete and proper uninstall of Acrobat Reader (DON'T just delete files!) and then reinstall Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see it is 'forbidden' but in this day in age with people still working from home, this should be allowed.

Ive removed Adobe now and wont be reinstalling. I have found a great alternative which is quicker and with a better layout but I appreciate your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines