• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

free acrobat reader not compatible with Mac OS Catalins Upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded to OS 15.5 Catalina.  Installed acrobat reader showed up as invompatible and message indicated needed to upgrade.  Read MacOS Catslina forumsvwhich show acrobat reader 2020, 2017 or 2015. Should be compatible.  Doenloaded 2015 free reader from adobe.  Upon install mac install fails states - install failed because app not downloaded from the App Store.  So i went to Apple appstore and searched for acrobat reader downloads......not a single one appears in appstore. 

So apple has blocked all Adobe created free adobe acrobat readers from being available to download on new OS CATALINA UPGRADE.  Very shady.....

Anyone know a workaround?  I don't need/want to pay for pro.  Just need the free acrobat reader on OS CATALINA....HOW DO I GET IT ON THERE?

HELP....DONT TRUST 3RD PARTY SHADY READER APPS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download & Install forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the latest FREE Acrobat Reader DC.   Also see the known issues link below.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks i will try it...but the error I got last time i tried to download an install file from adobe was that it needed to be downloaded from THE APP STORE...how Catalina knows its not from.app store?  And those versions you suggest in the literature no available in.APP Store.     I will try again and change those permissions but if i get the same appstore error i will take screen shot and show u......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of device do you have?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my fathers IMAC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been offline a couple days will try ur suggedtion tomorrow but will send screenshot if same error appears....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines