• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Adobe Acrobat reader files

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. We are using adobe Acrobat reader (free). There are a lot of files that comes with the reader that tries to run on the PCs, we can see their Hashes but we cannot know if these files are legit or not.

I tried to find a website or document that may help me know if these files are safe but no luck. And it seems that i can't contact the support unless i have a paid product.

So my question is how  to know that these adobe  files are safe or not? I mean they should at least keep a page or website just to let us know if a specific file in the adobe reader folder is legiy and safe.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do not provide hashes or inventories for any product. But... If you are really using Adobe Reader rather than Acrobat Reader, you certainly have a security problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually Acrobat Reader, i iave updated the post. Thanks.

Is there a way to confirm that these files are safe? Like a support email address?

For example some of the files has "Adobe Inc." as the publisher name, how can i confirm that this name is the correct one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s no support for free products. 

Dud you check the executable signatures? That has replaced hashes as a means of validation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The certificate name is A"Inc. Acrobat DC Adobe Inc. San Jose ca US 2748129 Private Organization Delaware US"

I know by this the file looks from Adobe, but usually i got confirmation from the organization that created the file. But because this is free i got an issue in getting the confirmation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the certificate chain to be sure it is authentic. If it is authentic, you may stop worrying.

I don't think Adobe issue inventories for any software, free or paid for. Just too much trouble I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines