Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen and Windows Screen Saver

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community!

I have a question about using a PDF in full-screen mode for an all-day event. The PDF is interactive, buttons, videos, etc. and it's being shown on a large touchscreen panel. The screen will be sitting in a reception area, but I don't want the screen to burn-in.

I assumed that the Windows screensaver would kick on and save my monitor, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can either force Windows to switch on the screen saver or some javascript I can add to the PDF to enable this? Or any other suggestions....? I can't burn-in this $5k panel.

Help!!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came up with one solution - I've put the PDF to auto-advance to the next page after 5 minutes. Needed to change the content and flow, but that might solve the burn-in issue for now.

Still open to a better solution if anyone has one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't burn in an LED panel in a day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah I get what you're saying, but it's not overly helpful to solve my problem because the screen would probably not be turned off, so presumably, it'll be on all day for a couple of weeks.

I'll just stick with my workaround in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines