• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anybody managed to make msp patch work?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My steps are simply:

Using base MSI from Acrobat 2017 Release (Classic Track base release) — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products  I create GPO to deploy the package. This works just fine. But when I want to do an upgrade:

1. I copy the original MSI base distribution directory to a new one and give it an appropriate name.
  2. I download MSP file e.g. 17.011.30059 Planned update, August 8, 2017 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products
  3. I put the MSP to the newly folder with the base MSI and its files
  4. inside that folder I issue msiexec /a AcroRead.msi /p AcroRdr2017Upd1701130059_MUI.msp
  5. I get some gui dialog which I just click through with Next until it is finished.
  6. Then, in the same GPO, I add new Software installation and select the acroread.msi from the new folder.
  7. I click advanced, select Uninstall when falls out of scope and click Upgrade tab, the package is alreade there, I remove it and add again specifically with the option 'Package can upgrade over the existing package' as directed in Group Policy-Active Directory — Enterprise Administration Guide
  8. I add the transformation file as to the base package.
  9. When the GPO is updated and the upgrade installed, I get in event viewer the error:
    "Product: Adobe Acrobat Reader 2017 MUI -- Error 1334.The file 'icudt.dll' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I tried various MSPs with the same result. One curious issue is that patching with the MSP creates additional folders 'Common', 'Program Files', 'System32'. Does the MSP patching actually work at all? Is there a way to just get an updated MSI without the problematic MSP fiddling?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lp94844498,

Seem like you are mixing Acrobat 2017 patch using Adobe Reader command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And if it's Reader, why would you be installing such an old patch as current?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines