Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Changing Font style in acrobat reader for fillable fields

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I new to acrobat reader. I started creating forms with fillable fields. The only issue I have now is that I don't like the font style of the fillable fields. I know that I can go to each field and go to the properties and change the font style and size. But the forms has over 600 fillable fields. Is there a way I can do it for all at once ? Thanks

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Yes you can, but not via the Acrobat Reader interface, you must use Javascript  :

1. Download and install the "JS Console" tool which is part of the free abracadabraTools for Reader:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/utilitaires/utilities-in-english/abracadabratools_en/

2. Display the Console, copy-paste this script, select all lines, then hit the Enter key (not Return).

for (var i = 0; i < this.numFields; i++) {
var oFld = this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i));
if (oFld.type == "text"){
oFld.t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader. You need Adobe Acrobat for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, you can't create forms in Acrobat Reader at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you can, but not via the Acrobat Reader interface, you must use Javascript  :

1. Download and install the "JS Console" tool which is part of the free abracadabraTools for Reader:

https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/utilitaires/utilities-in-english/abracadabratools_en/

2. Display the Console, copy-paste this script, select all lines, then hit the Enter key (not Return).

for (var i = 0; i < this.numFields; i++) {
var oFld = this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i));
if (oFld.type == "text"){
oFld.textFont = font.Helv;
}
}

See available fonts here:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/Acro12_MasterBook/JS_API_AcroJS/Fi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines