• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP. My Acrobat Reader DC won't save changes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I really need help. I've been having several problems with Acrobat Reader DC. It still crashes on me or freezes as it did before the last update to fix this issue while I am using the comments but now it won't save any comments I write. I really need help with this as I mainly use the comments for making notes on my textbooks and school presentations while I'm studying. My version is the 18.011.20038.5321

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BellaKara,

As you are experiencing the crash and freezing issue with Adobe Acrobat reader DC, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned here Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

Then check if you still experience the issue.

If that does not help, try to reset the application preferences.

Take help of the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue still persists, run the cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs on your machine.

Then restart our machine and re-install the application from here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Check if that helps.

As you have mentioned that it does not save the comments you add to PDF, is it because of the application freezes or crashes?

If not, please let us know if this issue occurs to every PDF on which you add the comments and then save it.

Are you on Windows or Mac? What is the OS version?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know why it wont save i start typing and highlighting and sometimes it will save if only I've made one or two small changes but if I'm a few pages in and decide to save it it will either freeze, crash or just close without saving any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BellaKara,

Did you try the troubleshooting steps provided in reply 1?

If not please try them and check if the issue still persists.

Please let us know if this issue occurs with all the PDFs or with some particular PDF?

Can you share anyone PDF with us so we can replicate the issue at our end?

If yes, you can take help of the steps mentioned here How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud to share the file.

Also, let us know if you are using the application on Windows or on Mac?

What is the OS version installed on the machine?

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding it impossible to save a PDF on my computer with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, the "save as" is light grey and when I go into settings, preferences and unclick the two show online storage boxes it does not make a difference. Is there a version of ADOBE that is more friendly towards saving a document? It's mind boggling it's this difficult to do! I would think saving a document to be a pretty common goal and it should be the default; you should have to jump through hoops to NOT save! thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine is a similar problem to the above and it's quite literally sabotaging my progress on my PhD. It happens with every single PDF I use. At some point at random, after I've added a comment or highlighting, a message will pop up that says "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder." At this point if I select "save to," first the entire PDF goes blank, and then a window opens up for me to select a new fold and rename and save, but when i do so I get a message that says "the document could not be saved. A file error has occured." 

I'll be able to successfully annotate a pdf, saving constantly (every 2 mins or so), anywhere between 30 seconds to 1 hour into working on and then saving the pdf,  suddenly this message will pop up and I lose my most recent changes, and sometime more. At the absolute most I'll have maybe 12 pdfs open, usually more like 4-6. Two days ago I updates Adobe Acrobat to version 20.012.20048 thinking that would resolve it (i had been using "adobe acrobat reader DC" version 20.006.20042). The problem is the same if not worse. It's hard to imagine every single one of the 100s of articles i regularly attempt to annotate are somehow corrupted. I have a MacBook air, 13" from early 2015 using macOS Catalina version 10.15.3. I have no other problems with my computer.

Could icloud somehow be interfering (e.g. "...or another user may have it open)? I am desperate, please please help! If I can't find a solution ASAP I need to change software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines