• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help still needed: Want Reader and it still exists I see !

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dense about this still.  Got a good explanation yesterday and thought was good enough for me, but today realize coming back here to inquire whether I can Change the Highlighter color to bright yellow which Reader has.... see that Reader is referenced, with its Red icon, in several of the FAQ sections heading up this forum.  Please, could someone tell me how to get it back?  I was 'forced' to get Acrobat to read a book in Archive.org and so regret having made any change.

I'll survive as I understand how to hide all the stuff I have no use for since I only read old books in pdf form, but I really really would like the old Red icons with the simpler look back.

I was told by the kind answerer that 'it is not recommended to install earlier versions.'  Well, I care, and for me, it is necessary to have an earlier version, stubborn but I will adjust if told it's impossible to get the earlier version.. but if so?  then why are the Red icons still appearing in the FAQs and why are the two versions distinguished from one another still?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you’re not getting the name thing. See if you can accept all three if these and it might make more sense. If you still can’t, let us know where it goes wrong.

1. Acrobat (Without the word “Reader”) is paid for software, not free.

2. Reader is free software.

3. Reader used to be called Adobe Reader and now it’s cslled Acrobat Reader.

You said “I was forced to get Acrobat”. Do you really mean you had to get the paid-for software? Or do you just mean you had to get the free version, up to date, Acrobat Reader?

Sorry to harp on on about this but the names are confusing, and if you insist on using the wrong name, you will keep getting advice for the wrong product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed you tucked away a separate question

Maybe this will answer it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And note that installing an old version of Reader, instead of the current version of Reader, isn't impossible. It's just very, very unwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines