• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Want Original Reader I had... Not Acrobat !!

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the mistake of changing what I had just to get a little book to read on Archive; I so regret doing that.  Now I don't have the red icons any more and a very busy interface = I do know how to hide the panes but I sill see stuff I don't want.  Please, someone tell me what to do!  Using the directions I've found in a search - no success.  The 'reader download page' keeps giving ONLY Acrobat as the option (dated 2019)  No Other Choices.  Thanks for any attention. I read pdfs of old books; I do not want anything more than to be able to do that!  Download and install an older version of Adobe Reader | Windows  That is the link that was Not Helpful for reason stated just above.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s. System Restore does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reader download page gives Acrobat Reader, not Acrobat. Acrobat is paid-for software. Acrobat Reader is what Reader is called. Once it was called Adobe Reader but installing old versions isn’t recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I a few minutes ago discovered how to make disappear the last of the 'distractions' - the icons for the right hand side panel, so now I am pretty much where I 'need to be.'  I am grateful for the information, clarification - I usually end up being the person who wants 'the old way' and prefers it, ITunes being an example - I don't chose to accept updates and doggedly keep to what is familiar and works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines