Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop propts for password ?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Recently I am receiving multiple pop up prompts from adobe requesting me to enter my password.

I am not sure why it started (but, BTW, I also noticed recent changes in the onlone pdf reading and dowloding settings).

I have two questions:

-how to check if it genuineley from adobe?

-how can I stop these prompts

I am not providing the password as I am not sure whether it is a genuine adobe thing. Also it is not clear to me why I should provide the password when not using adobe products

Thank you

O

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, Which, password?

The one for your Adobe ID or the one you use when you start your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

That's helpful.

I am sending you screenshots of the message

(acctually two - which comes in different times: one about verifying my account the other requesting my password)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter your password_small.png

verify your identity_small.png

In the time that I took the password request photo it appeared when I opened a pdf file but it can appear at any time (even just after startup)

Same about the verification message

To your earlier question - I think it is asking me to provide my adobe password.

I have changed my password recently, just in case (and never provided it when prompted by such messages)

Thanks

O

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I am using Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O, what Adobe software title or service are you attempting to use?  I don't see any active memberships assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the messages regardless what I am using. Many time when I am starting the computer before using anything.

I am usually using adobe pdf and created an account to use signature. But as I said, I am getting  the messages even when I am not using the service.

By the way, I am not sure if it is related, there is a change in the way I can download pdfs - it started one day out-of-the-blue. when I am finding a pdf file online and want to open (or save) it  if I press on it nothing opens, I need to go to the browser address line and press on it - then the link with an additional word 'visit' is highlighted. Only if I press on it the pdf file is open, then on the side there is an icon for downloading. (I am probably not clear - but the message is that the procedure of downloading pdf file has been changed on my browser [firefox])

Thanks

O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone??

I did register to Adobe to get the option of electroning signature in pdf files. This was long time ago but I am stillusing this option. Can the validation and password requests be related to this?

The thing is that I get those requests regardless using pdf. I get the request messages first time on starting up my computer.

Thanks

O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O, I am sorry but it is still unclear which Adobe application or service your question is in regards to.  What icon do you click on to open the program to view the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for not understanding your question earlier.

I use Acrobat Reader DC for viewing pdf files.

As mentioned  earlier, I get the requests for validation and password even when I am not using the application.

Thanks

O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, O, I will move this public discussion to the Adobe Reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines