• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I control updates?

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop pdf reader updates happening when I'm working which stops me saving pdfs until I restart the PC? This isn't convenient when I've got various different windows open that I don't want to have to close down and then try to find and reopen which may not be easy if I'm looking up multiple pdfs in my web browser?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Roger,

I think: you can dissable all updates in "Administrative Tools" -> "Task scheduler"... Select "Task Scheduler Lybrary" and find "Adobe Acrobat Update Task"....

Here, you can:

• Directly "Disable" the task
  • Or you can "Modify the Triggers": for example: at 03:30 AM every day.

Good luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Roger,

I've found a trick that can to work for you... The updates work with the file "%programfiles%\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe", then: you can rename this file, or better replace with other file (for example: notepad.exe... In this case, this change will open one notepad whitout data).

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Task Scheduler or removing AdobeARM.exe are incorrect suggestions.

The only right way to disable updates (per product) is to use bUpdater registry value. Please check Admin guide here -

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/basicconfig.html#controlling-updates

In doing this you will risk missing on important security fixes.

To disable auto updates and still have an option to check for updates manually, set Mode registry vallue to 1 in the registry below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\Legacy\Reader\[ProductCode]

The path sample is for Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines