Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I create my electronic signature for the first time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Hi debbieh62171891,

You can Fill & Sign feature to create a Signature in Adobe Reader. If you want to create a Digital Signature using Adobe Reader then you must a PDF form with signature field in it and with Reader extended rights enabled. In that case, when you will click on the signature field it will take you with the process of creating a Digital Signature.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi debbieh62171891,

You can Fill & Sign feature to create a Signature in Adobe Reader. If you want to create a Digital Signature using Adobe Reader then you must a PDF form with signature field in it and with Reader extended rights enabled. In that case, when you will click on the signature field it will take you with the process of creating a Digital Signature.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no clear and understandable answers for the technophobs like me.   Try again with simple language please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to know how to create a signature for the first time.  undstand scan the signature into a pdf, but what comes next.  the "correct answer" above tells me nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two kinds of signature with PDF. One is just a scribble like you'd make on paper. Good for printing but no legal value. The other is a special magic thing tgat proves your identity in a way that can be legally binding, but isnt anything when you print. What sort do you want? If you're not sure, what's it for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a scribbly signature for my form on pro-Adobe reader, please!

I can not seem to understand how. the box gets moved to the signature spot but I caN NOT WRITE/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new at this and NONE of the answers so far address this. I need to know step by step how to add a signature . In plain english.Both my own and others so I can just grab when I need. These need to be legally binding.. Who can help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you assist me in creating a simple signature for a document? thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to have this answered.  For my work, we have written our signatures and scanned them, then cut & pasted into our documents, but this is not optimal because the signature is fuzzy and has a white background which covers up part of the document.  Hoping to get an answer here also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use an image editor to replace the background with a transparent one, and save the file in a format that supports it, like PNG. If the scan is fuzzy then scan it again using a higher resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a recommended program for making a transparent background? Of
the three picture editing programs (free) on my pc, none of them have that
option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new at this and NONE of the answers address this. I need to know step by step how to add a legally accepted signature.signature in plain english.  This will be my signature only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you mean with "legally accepted signature" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the side bar menu: Choose Fill and Sign - Note that this will only allow you to "Print your signature"

From the Fill and Sign Ribbon that runs along the top of the screen choose Sign Yourself  This will allow you to choose add a signature or your initials

If you have not already created a signature, select Add a Signature and create one. 

Save and Apply it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no "add a signature" option. I already have my wife's typed and scribbled signature and I need to add MINE to file a joint form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a digital signature that is used for me to sign PDF documents. Does anyone have a step by step process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines