• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download Adobe Reader for Chromebook?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I download Adobe Reader for Chromebook? The Georgia state tax forms for 2018 can't be printed or viewed without Adobe Reader.They won't mail them to you, and they are not available at the library. The Chrome pdf reader doesn't work. I disabled it  hoping, per online discussions, that Adobe would just "kick in" but it didn't, and now can't open any pdf files. Federal tax forms download/print fine, but apparently Georgia added "advanced" features to their forms which makes them incompatible with the default Chrome pdf viewer. Am I, and all Chrome users in Georgia just out of luck?

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Acrobat Reader is not available for ChromeOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you succeeded in downloading it, it would not help at all with these files. Only Acrobat Reader for Mac and Windows can view them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need Acrobat Reader DC not just Acrobat Reader (focus on DC). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC is the version of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is an app you can use on play store.  If you are on the paid Adobe the best way to save notes or edits is to save to your Adobe cloud, because then it can be accessed on Chromebook, pc, or other devices.  All your notes and highlights will save, but only if you use the Adobe Cloud to savbe the pdf.  It's one extra step for pdf downloads, but Adobe is still the best PDF reader and editor.  I tried some of the others and they don't compare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yes there is an app you can use on play store. "

No, there isn't. Read the discussion. That app doesn't help with these particular forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

play store on chromebook 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 and my chromebook updated and deleted all of mt photos and files and my adobe reader.

I reinstalled it on the one chromebook but it wont come back on the Samsung. It says it will be installed soon but hasnt been. Is there something I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC does not fall under my Jurisdiction, Adobe DC is not a free app, and as such has no place in a free markett, nor on the World Wide Web, because it does

not provide for the wealthfare of We the people, nor does Adobe pay their fair of taxes, and or for the PI, PII, that they collect, lacking a waarant based upon probable cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines