• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I print single sided on a Mac or turn off double-sided printing.

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off double-sided printing on a Mac? The archives had an answer for this question for a PC but I am using a Mac laptop. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

A new help page has been published for this issue: Unable to print double-side or single-side in Acrobat on Mac.

Please let us know how it works for you.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michellem72192596,

On mac computer you can also change the settings to turn off the double sided printing.

You may refer to the help document to see how it works- Print double-sided | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if it doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, ive been through this whole thread and nothing works. Adobe have decided I'm only ever going to be able to print double-sided which i don't want. Please, can we have an answer on how to disable this? It cant be that difficult surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this isn't correct .  See attached image of print screen on MAC  there is not place to turn off double sided printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a jpg of image and copy and paste didn't seem to work..

screen image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will only get the option to turn Off/On the double sided printing, if your printer support's that.

The picture shared above doesn't show the option to Off/On double sided printing because the printer doesn't support this?

-Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not true.  I am trying to turn off 2 sided printing.  I can turn it off on most other ap's but cannot turn it off on Acrobat Pro DC.  It is the only ap that doesn't show a 2 sided option when I open the settings.  Yet, it only lets me print 2 sided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like the wrong answer to me. It has nothing to with the printer. I have a printer that shows me the option to print single sided on my windows pc, but not on my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you.  I can't find the button to turn off double sided printing.  Adobe is the only application on which I have this problem.  Akanchha - help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frankm,

As shared above, that you can not see an option to turn the Off the duplex printing. So is it a problem with all the files that you print in Acrobat or any specific one?

Can you please check the document's properties and see whether the document itself is allowed to print simplex or only duplex?

Open PDF in Acrobat>Right click>Document Properties> Advanced>Printing dialog presets

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my Mac and Adobe.

I checked the document properties as you suggested and "Simplex" is highlighted.  The document is printing duplex.  This never used to happen before.  Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue right now!! No options anywhere to turn this off. This wasn't happening a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue since upgrading to High Sierra on my MacBook Air. I believe it is an iOS problem ACROBAT can you please troubleshoot this

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has NEVER been properly answered. I also can't print single sided. You can't change the settings in properties, but even if I could, it is set correctly to simplex. WHY has this been marked "Answered"? It has been incorrectly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine saids "simplex" but it's constantly printing duplex! Where's Acrobat's answer. This is 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot print single sided. I have the latest, etc. And Adobe not answering! Please give "correct answer" This is January 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

The printer you are working with, if its a work computer then you need to check it with your IT team whether by default it has been set to the duplex or not? If the application's printer settings are correct (as suggested above),then Its a printer configuration issue with the iOS, application itself doesn't have any role in it.

You can try updating Printer Driver as suggested in- Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader 

We can test the same document at our end using the same platform, to check whether the issue is reproducible or not.

"You can share the file with us via email. And you can send it to the email that is shared via private message. Please do mention your forum thread in the subject"

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to print single-sided on my printer -- but NOT from Reader, because the choice is no longer available (as shown by one of the other posters).

Please fix ASAP.

I should clarify -- my printer seems to have changed its default from single-sided to double-sided; this may be part of a Mac system update, since Word now does this by default also.  But I can print choose to print PDFs single-sided or double-sided when I open them in Safari (another commenter has mentioned Preview).

This option needs to be available on Reader as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not addressing the issue their latest update created. They must know there's a problem and completely ignoring us. I too have to print single sheets. At tax time, this is horrible! Ijm looking into an alternative to Adobe. If anyone has found one, let me know. Thanks, Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha, please address the obvious, this is an Adobe problem. Can you imagine doing pages and pages single pages at a time on a printer!.. because Adobe messed you up! Can you imagine your hand and mouse going, click click click click.. Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is so annoying ... Adobe blamed Apple OS in this thread previously. So ... not sure if they just plan to pass the buck, or what. Would be nice if they solved it vs. taking the easy way out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you realize you have been saying the same things since AT LEAST October 2017. Do you not get it! It does not work. How do I and/or we elevate this to the next level. Do away with double sided and/or allow single sided printing... This is Tax season.. do any of you do taxes??? Are any of you in college? Do any of you print checks... multiple checks. How would you like checks printed on back of another check!!! You think this is funny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any news from Adobe in fixing mandatory double sided printing... Answer me, why does this print double sided and/or 2 sided?

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 11.32.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look.  Everyone is having this problem. The workaround is to save the pdf and open in Preview and print from there.  But in OSX print preferences, I have double sided unchecked, but Adobe gives no options and prints double sided.

This is a joke.  We are meant to be saving paper, but Adobe is wasting it because they refuse to fix this issue despite us paying a fortune for CC.

Why don't you do the following.

1.  Fresh install Acrobat DS.

2.  Open a 2 or more page pdf.

3.  Go to print.  Take a screenshot of the options as they are.

4.  Print.  You'll see it's double sided.

5.  Go to print options in mac and click off double sided printing.  Take screen shot

6.  Print again.

7.  When this is still double sided, go to Adobe print options and tell us what you are changing.  Take a screen shot.

8.  Print.  And tell us if it's too sided or not.

Why should we pay up to 50 quid a month for something that doesn't work properly?

Every other app makes this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second that!

Its totally bullshit, to say it straight out!

Adobe, get your shit together, cause this is way beyond ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines