• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I program a web page to automatically OPEN an Adobe Acrobat File in a NEW TAB of Browser

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I fill out a FORM on a WEB SITE to download and eBOOK published as an Adobe Acrobat FILE the Web Form says "Click here for your DOWNLOAD." When I CLICK on that a NEW TAB is OPENED in my BROWSER and the ENTIRE ADOBE ACROBAT FILE can be read, scrolled through, ZOOMED and all active "hot links" followed - NO DOWNLOAD NECESSARY. My Question is how do I Program a WORD PRESS Web Page to let a person CLICK on an ICON and automatically LAUNCH Adobe Acrobat Reader in a NEW TAB of their WEB BROWSER, so they can VIEW and USE the Adobe Acrobat FILE on their device using just what appears in the WEB BROWSER??? Please some one help me find a solution! Thanks!! [Personal email address removed - Mod]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's nothing you can force upon a user. It is a preference that is controlled on their end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear whether you are already asking Wordpress to open the links in a new tab, but it isn't happening? Just in case, here's how to ask: https://www.wpmadesimple.org/supplementary-guides/set-links-to-open-in-a-new-tab/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

​Thank you

this might be just what I need

Merry Christmas

[Email removed by Mod]

[Adobe Support Community] Adobe Support Community

Hi GKinAZ,

Test_Screen_Name just posted in a community you follow.

Dec 11, 2019 07:49 AM in Acrobat Reader
Re: How do I program a web page to automatically OPEN an Adobe Acrobat File in a NEW TAB of Browser

I'm not clear whether you are already asking Wordpress to open the links in a new tab, but it isn't happening? Just in case, here's how to ask: https://www.wpmadesimple.org/supplementary-guides/set-links-to-open-in-a-new-tab/

Reply to this message

Note: Replies posted via email are plain-text only. Login to the community to reply with text and images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines