How do I reduce the file size in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can reduce the file size in previous versions of Acrobat but I can find how to do it in Acrobat DC. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 07, 2015
Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional , Jul 07, 2015
‌The option is available in the trial version. Make sure that you don't use Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the menu File > Save as Other...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I tried save as other but it only gives me the option to save as a text, word or excel file. I need to save as a pdf still just a small file size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must use Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Reader can't reduce file size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'm using the trial version. so if I purchase Acrobat DC will option become available to me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌The option is available in the trial version. Make sure that you don't use Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That was my problem. Thank you so much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SAVE AS OTHER doesn't work in the paid version of ADOBE ACROBAT DC. Instead it INCREASED my file. Do you have another suggestion?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a other PDF file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried multiple files. This is the purchased version, nothing happens. The files would not change size, none of them...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot guarantee files will shrink. It isn’t magic, it does very specific things. For instance, high resolution images are reduced in resolution. You cannot make files smaller just because you have made a requirement to do so, they are already highly compressed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've googled this for Adobe DC (not reader), trying to find an answer on a deadline, and I keep landing back on this adobe page. So this question is on the adobe website and adobe can't give us a sentence or two on how to reduce file size?  Adobe, if people need help, maybe you should be answering a question when we pay you a lot of money every month in perpetuity for your product. I know you have a manual that states how to do it. Please paste it into the convo, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did figure out how to use this. It reduced my file size from 22.4mb to 22.13mb woohoo! It almost made a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines