Highlighted

How do I remove the Tools Pane Permanently in Adobe Reader DC?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2015 Release and it has a very annoying

bug/feature that I don't like.

I have to keep removing the Tools Pane using using SHIFT+F4 every time.

Is there a way to make this pane dissapear permanently by making this setting stick?

This hasn't been a problem in previous versions of Adobe Reader.

Please tell me how to remove this annoying pane or issue an update to make this setting stick when opening PDFs.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I remove the Tools Pane Permanently in Adobe Reader DC?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2015 Release and it has a very annoying

bug/feature that I don't like.

I have to keep removing the Tools Pane using using SHIFT+F4 every time.

Is there a way to make this pane dissapear permanently by making this setting stick?

This hasn't been a problem in previous versions of Adobe Reader.

Please tell me how to remove this annoying pane or issue an update to make this setting stick when opening PDFs.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like we are making progress: I didn't know about Shift+F4.

Maybe next someone will come up with a way to permanently removed that sidebar...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, too.

Have you resolved this "problem"?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I don't think this is a simple fix I think it is a programming problem.  I hope someone from Adobe reads these posts because

this "feature" should be able to be turned off by the user.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks.

I have installed the Adobe Reader 11 as workaround.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need an option under preferences for the tools pane:

• Off on open Acrobat
  • ON on open Acrobat
  • REMEMBER LAST STATE on open Acrobat

It is unacceptable to have the tools panel open and occupy precious desktop real estate by default every time Acrobat opens.

Previous versions of Acrobat DID NOT open the tools pane by default. Please reinstate the previous Status Quo.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, it is not that hard is it?  This needs to be fixed by Adobe.  It is annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 here. Tools pane opening and loading its content on the side every time you open a pdf is very annoying. Also the Mobile link black popup which shows up every time you open a pdf is annoying too. Not speaking about the horrible choice to make menu s with gray on white text.. menu entries look like inactive this way. Also, what was the idea behind not reusing same registry entries for options, now you have to set all options for a user again. Not going to update my users to this version so far. And it seems we may be stuck with 11 version for quite some time (or switch to some other product).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear wrooot,

For the MobileLink popup issue you are facing, please click on it once. It will stop appearing in subsequent launches. If it still doesnt work for you, do let us know.

Thanks,

-Amboo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AmbooS wrote:

For the MobileLink popup issue you are facing, please click on it once. It will stop appearing in subsequent launches

Yes. This worked. But instructing users that they have to click on something hey don't know and don't need is not a good solution. Is there a setting or registry key to disable it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, there is no preference or reg setting to disable the MobileLink notification. We have taken a note of your valuable feedback.

Thanks,

-Amboo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also take note of the other issue with the tools pane? It's very annoying/frustrating having to deal with it being open every time I want to look at a PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, as it opens it with the tools toolbar, the document automatically shrinks in size and it is harder to read, or you have to get rid of tools pane or zoom in. When combined with the bookmarks toolbar on the other side it is even more annoying. Look at Microsoft, they are removing chrome obstructing consuming of a content (Edge browser - Reading mode). Yet Adobe pushes obstacles on its users. And they are NOT optional.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a good look for their paid products either.  Adobe listen to your users and fix this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this must be fixed. Let the user decide their workflow themselves. The tools panel steal too much screen space. Easy to open those times I want to use it (seldom).

And I agree about the too light grey text in righ click menus. Hard to read and it looks inactive, as if  something is wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC