Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the Tools Pane Permanently in Adobe Reader DC? [2015]

Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2015 Release and it has a very annoying

bug/feature that I don't like.

I have to keep removing the Tools Pane using using SHIFT+F4 every time.

Is there a way to make this pane dissapear permanently by making this setting stick?

This hasn't been a problem in previous versions of Adobe Reader.

Please tell me how to remove this annoying pane or issue an update to make this setting stick when opening PDFs.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Found it!

ygg50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Hi @dan400man,

You'd have to follow the steps in the below mentioned sequence:

1)      Launch Reader

2)      Uncheck this preference

3)      Collapse the RHP

4)      And relaunch Reader  =>> Now RHP will appear as collapsed for every doc

Hope this helps,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it is mid 2023 and this is still haunting us!

I tried the Preferences EDIT changes and they do not hold in Reader DC

I tried setting the registry change as detailed above and it also did not work - the damn program still shows the useless Sidebar when opening PDF's

What else can be done??!

I actually have the 2 different Adobe Readers on my system the Acrobat DC (full version) and Acrobat Reader DC (this is the default viewer for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not exist in the latest version. GRRRRRRR

fuck.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2017 Jan 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kage6565

The option does exist, it has been slightly reworded to clarify the behaviour a bit more.

Please uncheck “Remember current state of Tools Pane” in the Preferences (as seen in the screenshot above).

1)      Launch Reader

2)      Uncheck this preference

3)      Collapse the RHP

4)      And relaunch Reader  => Now RHP will appear as collapsed for every doc

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that works, thanks. ( have to check "“Remember current state of Tools Pane”)

But I hope they make it easier to get rid of in the future, or adobe is going to lose a lot of users I would imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is already 2020, but the problem with useless right side window in Adobe Reader still remains!

I cannot close it by using instructions, becasue I have nothing what would look like "Preferences" in my menu. 

Is there any way to close the right side window forever? I mean: for all documents which I open in the future? 

I also have an issue with opening files: it always suggest either Check and Open or Open when I click on the file. I tried to follow instructions on Internet to turn off this feature, but it did not work, and I still have to click Open in the additional window which appeares after I already clicked on the PDF file... I wish to return to ald PDF reader from 2010 - it worked much better and was much more convenient, but I cannot install in on my office computer. All these new features are useless and very destructive - they are absolutely not helpful, and I cannot understand why there is no option to turn them off forever on my office PC? I use Adobe for work, not for wasting my time, but these useless features only are for wasting my time and they are absolutely not helping in my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Edit> Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines