• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do my end users turn off the form field highlights in Acrobat Reader?

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The highlights in the form fields are driving my end users crazy. They have Acrobat Reader. I've jumped on one of their computers with a form open and cannot find where I can turn off the highlights (blue) on the form fields. Someone will make a lot of people in my department very happy if I can provide an answer for them!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it in Acrobat before saving the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Linux there's a toggle for "Highlight Fields" on the toolbar that disables this, is that an option on the Mac anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same question! On Linux at my office there's a box to turn off highlighting editable forms or something to that effect, but I do not see that option on my Mac. It's very annoying, and makes it more difficult to see what's on the screen. We use this for schedules, so there are almost 200 highlighted boxes for every page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's available in all versions of Reader. There should be a purple bar at the top of the document when you open a file with form fields that allows you to disable the highlighting. It can also be done via Tools - Forms - More Options, or permanently via Reader - Preferences - Forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my main issue, the purple bar isn't there, and I don't see "forms" under tools, other than "prepare form" which takes me to a page to purchase Acrobat Pro DC.

I was however able to get it done through Reader - Preferences - Forms, so thank you! Not sure why it wasn't showing up the other ways. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The second option might only work in Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines