• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How open Adobe Reader 9 in second monitor by default? [Locked]

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I make Adobe Reader 9.0 open always in my second monitor?

With version 8 it was at least possible to open the first document on the second monitor if I had moved the window in an previous session to that monitor and closed it there. The second and following documents always were opened in the first monitor (annoying!).

What I want is, that ALL documents always open in the second monitor. How can I manage this?

[This question from March 2009 is about Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 and is now locked. Please start a new thread for current versions.]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

I had the same issue, and here is the solution I found after testing and doing other web searches.

Open a PDF. Now, un-maximize the file. Move it over to the other monitor. Now, close the document WITHOUT maximizing it on the new monitor.

Now try opening a pdf. It should open on the new monitor. Maximize it, then close it again. Now, a new pdf will open on the new monitor, and it will be maximized upon opening.

So apparently the trick is to close it when it isn't maximized on whatever monitor you w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question for version 9.1: How can I make Adobe Reader 9.1 open always in my second monitor?

Where can I send a request on this to the developers of Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.

First PDF opens on second monitor. Second one I open will open on main laptop monitor and 3,4,5 etc the same.

Would like it to default full screen on second monitor for all PDF's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and here is the solution I found after testing and doing other web searches.

Open a PDF. Now, un-maximize the file. Move it over to the other monitor. Now, close the document WITHOUT maximizing it on the new monitor.

Now try opening a pdf. It should open on the new monitor. Maximize it, then close it again. Now, a new pdf will open on the new monitor, and it will be maximized upon opening.

So apparently the trick is to close it when it isn't maximized on whatever monitor you want it to open on. Adobe will remember whether a document was maximized or not and open another pdf in the same way, but it will only update the monitor to use when a document is closed while not maximized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im afriad that doesn't really help when you are opening multiple pdf documents. The second pdf will revert to the other monitor....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be added that all pdf files must be closed initially that it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just helped me, and it's more than seven years later. Way t'go, Internet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2015 Aug 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any resolution on this issue? I find it ridiculous that there is a lack of pre-built function for this.

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you so much! The solution posted by SAYNO2QUAT worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, SAYNO2QUAT's response worked, even on a 3 monitor system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that I found was to setup Acrobat to open documents as new tabs in a single PDF window.

With Acrobat open, hit Ctrl-K (or Edit-Preferences). Under "General" Category, check the box for "Open documents as new tabs in the same window".

Click OK and close Acrobat to refresh the setting. Any new PDFs will open wherever you last had the Acrobat window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open the  pdf document you want to open alone, click on window on the top left and then new window, it should open the document alone and you should be able to drag it to the second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines