Highlighted

How to change reading voice in Acrobat Reader 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On MS Windows 10 Pro. 1903 64-bit I have Acrobat Reader v. 2017.011.30150 installed.

In Preferences > Reading > Read Out Loud Options there are only two voices offered:
Microsoft David Desktop - English (United States)
Microsoft Zira Desktop - English (United States)

How to get voices for other languages in Acrobat Reader? I'm interested particularly in Croatian language.

In Windows Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator I added "Microsoft Matej - Croatian (Croatia)" voice and also in Windows Settings > Time & Language > Language I changed the Windows display language to Croatian but after that Acrobat Reader still does not offer the Croatian voice.

Starting the Reader in Croatian language does not solve the issue either.

What is the right way to add various voices to the Acrobat Reader so that I can choose among them as needed (depending on the language of the document I open in Acrobat Reader)?

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to change reading voice in Acrobat Reader 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On MS Windows 10 Pro. 1903 64-bit I have Acrobat Reader v. 2017.011.30150 installed.

In Preferences > Reading > Read Out Loud Options there are only two voices offered:
Microsoft David Desktop - English (United States)
Microsoft Zira Desktop - English (United States)

How to get voices for other languages in Acrobat Reader? I'm interested particularly in Croatian language.

In Windows Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator I added "Microsoft Matej - Croatian (Croatia)" voice and also in Windows Settings > Time & Language > Language I changed the Windows display language to Croatian but after that Acrobat Reader still does not offer the Croatian voice.

Starting the Reader in Croatian language does not solve the issue either.

What is the right way to add various voices to the Acrobat Reader so that I can choose among them as needed (depending on the language of the document I open in Acrobat Reader)?

Topics

Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2019 0

Have something to add?