Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to configure viewing enviroment in adobe

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear when i open pdf file so i get the given message 

The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher. You may not have the Adobe Reader installed or your viewing environment may not be properly configured to use Adobe Reader. For information on how to install Adobe Reader and configure your viewing environment please see http://www.adobe.com/go/pdf_forms_configure. This is the message I get when trying to open a simple document. What can I do?

TOPICS
How to , Share or review PDFs , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How was do you fix view environment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Garymills

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As describe you wan to fix view environment. Are you also getting the error 'The document you are trying to load requires Adobe Reader 8 or higher.'

If yes, would you mind sharing the steps you are doing to open the PDF file? Are you trying to open the PDF in web browser? If yes, please download the PDF to your computer first and save and then open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the typical message you'll get whenever you're trying to open a dynamic PDF form created with LiveCycle Designer or AEM Forms Designer in a PDF viewer which doesn't support this kind of PDF. Adobe Acrobat and Reader nativley support this forms so there are only two possible reasons you're seeing this message: 1) The file is damaged in some way. 2) You'r not using Adobe Reader or Acrobat to open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have a website that is only opening the document in chrome no matter what I am trying to open it in the application itself. Won't let me download it either. Got any ideas for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why can't you download it? Can you show a screen shot of the document open in Chrome (including the window edges and toolbars)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines