Highlighted

How to edit forms after saving and opening?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a PDF with forms, filled them in, and saved it to my disk. today I noticed an error and I opened the PDF. The forms look like they're gone, but when I go to security, it says "Filling of form fields: Allowed", so I don't know what's going on.

Is this a 'feature' against editing by 3rd parties? Is there a different way of saving a PDF so I can edit them afterwards? It doesn't look like the PDF is signed cryptographicall yin any way but I may have been looking in the wrong place...

Topics

How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to edit forms after saving and opening?

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded a PDF with forms, filled them in, and saved it to my disk. today I noticed an error and I opened the PDF. The forms look like they're gone, but when I go to security, it says "Filling of form fields: Allowed", so I don't know what's going on.

Is this a 'feature' against editing by 3rd parties? Is there a different way of saving a PDF so I can edit them afterwards? It doesn't look like the PDF is signed cryptographicall yin any way but I may have been looking in the wrong place...

Topics

How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What application did you use to fill them in and open them later on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned "Is this a 'feature' against editing by 3rd parties? ". Does that mean you used something other than Reader to fill it in or sopmething else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Adobe Reader, why wlse yould I be in this subforum? I don't know the version as I'm at work.

With '3rd parties' I mean unauthorized people trying to undermine my facts, not other applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ to the experts advise

If everything fits at its place, like you are using Adobe Reader and document is not signed, as well as it has the filling filed enabled. Then we would request you to please share a sample pdf with us (via private message).

We'd look into this and let you know what's causing trouble. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not asking for nothing. It's a daily occurrence that people post questions to this forum thinking they use Adobe Reader, when in fact they are not. And the version number is critical information too, so please find it out and post it here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 19.021.20056 (no updates available according to the updater)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2019 0