Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to EditPDF with ArialMT?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community,

I am editing with Acrobat Reader a file (email document HTML) that I uploaded as pdf. 

When the file was uploaded everything was recognized as ArialMT. To maintain consistency between several of my files I have to use this format in the edition.

However, when I try to edit I can´t select ArialMT as the font even though it appears in the font list in Menu "Edit Pdf". This font is installed on my computer (Windows 8.1 Pro) and I also select all available fonts in the High Quality within Print Options . How do I edit and type with ArialMT font in my PDF document?

Very thankful

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't edit text. Do you use Acrobat Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me,

Yes, I use Acrobat Pro. I try to edit a text but so far I have not been able to edit with ArialMT despite I have installed it.

When I select the font: ArialMT in Menu "Edit PDF", Acrobat Pro doesn`t recognize it and by default it types as "Arial".

I would really appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a correction: I am editing with Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fonts are confusing, and can have multiple names. Different apps may show different names, or switch between them. For many purposes Arial and ArialMT are not similar fonts, but the exact same font. MT stands for Monotype, the original maker of the Arial font, and still the maker of the Arial font included with Windows.

So, just accept this name change. Don't consider it a change of appearance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the response

In general, Acrobat Pro reads documents with font extensions MT.  I realize this because when I compare the original file with the edited one, I get messages that the font of the edited text was changed from ArialMT to Arial.

I can only edit with Arial, the ArialMT format despite being in the list (within "Edit PDF" fonts) cannot be selected for any reason (it is installed in my PC).

Curiously, the last time I was able to edit files with font ArialMT but there were so many things I did that I don't know what exactly worked.

Do you know some functions that could help me to edit with MT fonts?

Thank you very much for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I see what you report, but I do not see any obstacle. Sometimes the font may seem to be Arial, sometimes ArialMT. Both should work. Why the concern?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Font Arial internal name is actually ArialMT. You can use FontForge to check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines