• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Embed PDF in a Website

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am diet nutritionist. i published many diet plan that are much appreciated by my followers.  i start a website some days before : ([Link removed by moderator]) . i try to embed my meal plan PDF inside posts. i found a plugin that work for it. But some time when i open my website from mobile its showed blanked space instead of meal plan. is there any official adobe pdf embedding plugin that work fine with mobile.

Message was edited by: Harry Lone

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is not a web file.  To view PDF content, your end users will need a browser that supports PDF or install a 3rd party PDF viewer like free Acrobat Reader.   Post a link on your web page directly to the PDF.  Do not embed into your web page as it will not work for everyone.  Alternatively, cconvert your meal plans to HTML and you will reach a much wider audience.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. But it can be embedded. there are some plugins. i am just looking for an official plugin of adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

harrylone  wrote

there are some plugins. i am just looking for an official plugin of adobe.

Sorry to say, that's no longer true.   Major browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari and MS Edge have discontinued 3rd party NPAPIs (plugins) for security reasons.   See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

An old question from you, I know, and it seems you're not currently adding content to your website but I wanted to rely in case anyone is looking for an answer and saw the other responses as the limit of what options you might have…

As most modern browsers can directly render a PDF, without a plugin, you can in fact 'embed' a PDF via an iframe (whether 'we' should might be a different consideration). Rather than me write a lengthy how-to, there's a quick tutorial here: https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/html/how-to-embed-pdf-in-html.html

I can't remember of the top of my head how you'd drop the iframe into your Wordpress interface, for this specifis sitution, but there will be a way (WP copes with other iframe embeds)…

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tutorial is outdated, or just plain wrong. There's no such thing as an "undownloadable" PDF file. Also, some browsers (probably most) will not adhere to the embed tag any longer and will treat the loaded PDF file according to the user's preferences. If they selected to download the file, it will be downloaded immediately. That's what my Firefox browser does, at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There's no reference to the EMBED tag in the tutorial or my post but I guess it could  be easy to misinterpret my 'embed', what with Harry's original question also talking of embedding (I'm using the quotes as I know I'm not refering to emded in that sense)…

Yes, I'd agree with the no such thing as undownloadable and their reference to that is lazy but hey –  it's just a crude disabling of a toolbar, which only Chrome seems to honour (Safari and Firefox still showed); I quickly tried it before posting.

The general technique they are using does still work, with the limited test I ran, so hoped it might be useful reference for someone (but as I say, whether we should is a different question)…

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The embed tag is mentioned at the top of the tutorial as one of the possible ways of doing it (even though an "outdated" one), but that doesn't really matter. The same happens with an iframe, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! Well, clearly, depreciated. I see I'm going to have to be more on my metal in future!

I took my Firefox of the default I had it on and, yes, it prompted to save or etc. That's a shame. I only happened to be looking at his because I was needing to share a PDF and was ponder methods other than Acrobat online or third party stuff like Flowpaper…

Never mind

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines