Highlighted

How to enable scroll bar in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I display a scrollbar in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? My version is 2019.021.20061. I need this to scrool through a document with many pages. There is an answer for Acrobat Reader 11 to set Touch Mode=Never, but that doesn't show the scrollbar in my version. Thanks.

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to enable scroll bar in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I display a scrollbar in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? My version is 2019.021.20061. I need this to scrool through a document with many pages. There is an answer for Acrobat Reader 11 to set Touch Mode=Never, but that doesn't show the scrollbar in my version. Thanks.

Topics

General troubleshooting, How to, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Acrobat Reader.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the forum for Acrobat Reader

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be "Touch Mode". 

1.  Go to Edit>Preferences>General>Basic Tools section.

2.  Select Never in the Touch Mode pop-up menu

3.  Click OK in the Preferences window.

See if that makes a difference

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but as noted in my original post, that is the first thing I tried and it didn't work. I think the software developers forgot to include the scroll bar 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
User25 LATEST
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (the suggested solution did not work). I had Slovene version. When I downloaded a new version from the UK page in english the scrolbar appeared (as well as some additional options not enabled in the Slovene version).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC