How to export a PDF as black

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to read several threads understanding this without success. It's like a pandoras box and I can't wrap my head around it.

I have somehow not come across this problem before, I hardly believe that I haven't noticed this before. I am working on an illustrator document and I am trying to export it as a PDF. My blacks along other colours are exported completely differently. 

I've made my blacks in illustrator to appear accurately and checked different colour settings in illustrator. When I have illustrator emulated it appear as black in illustrator and using the digital colour picker, it too is complete black. If I then export it as a PDF, it appears as RGB 35,35,35, so very grayed out. If I change the colour setting to another one, it appears as gray on the screen in illustrator, but the colour picker says that it is all black. 

I simply do not know what to do. I get the same result both in preview on my mac as well as in acrobat reader. I get the same result exporting it as a JPEG and a PDF.

I don't know what to do. Please help

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Mac, View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview is a simple consumer tool, basically junk. Don't use it to check anything, especially quality. It is especially bad if you are working in CMYK, it's impossible to get accurate display.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines