• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to extract .msi file from the Adobe Reader DC .exe version.

Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need to know how to extract .msi file from the Adobe Reader DC .exe version... Any idea? Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

This is what I did to extract the MSI from the exe.  Adobe does make it a pain to find this and they should just post the MSI.  Good luck.

C:\>C:\Util\AcroRdrDC1701220093_en_US.exe -sfx_o"C:\Temp\Adobe\1" -sfx_ne

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/basics.html#expanding-exe-packages

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Downloading the msi seems easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is i cannot find its .msi file anywhere... do you noe of any links? thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Didn't Adibe send a link when they accepted you application for a distribution license? They sre supposed to but there is some suspicion this isn't happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, checked it before but too bad it is only relevant for the older versions... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you provide here (and in many other threads on the same topic) is to a post that is seven years old and wildly out of date. Can you please provide current, accurate documentation on how to extract the .msi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I repeat my question of one year ago because it would be good to get to the bottom of this. Didn't Adobe send you a suitable link when you received your redistribution license? They are supposed to but there is some suspicion that they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what I did to extract the MSI from the exe.  Adobe does make it a pain to find this and they should just post the MSI.  Good luck.

C:\>C:\Util\AcroRdrDC1701220093_en_US.exe -sfx_o"C:\Temp\Adobe\1" -sfx_ne

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/basics.html#expanding-exe-packages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines