Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to hide PDF Hyperlinks from showing the URL

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've created a visual with multiple hyperlinked objects in Visio, then converted it to PDF.   When I hover over the hyperlinked object in the PDF format, the URL for the link pops up.   Any ideas how that can be hidden or potentially changed to text of my choice?   Either options would be acceptable.   Note that I can't add code/scripts to change this and will need an option out of either visio or PDF based applications.

Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change this in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an idea on how to do it in indesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question is about work made in Viseo; InDesign can't be used to change PDF files made in Viseo. (Corrected: Viseo not Vimeo!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can do it if you used a button field. You can set its MouseUp action to open the web-page you want, and its tooltip property to display the text you want when hovering above it. I don't know if this is possible to do in Visio, though. It is possible in Acrobat, but not in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines