I want to open documents WITHOUT thumbnails always appearing on the left side. Is this possible? I've checked preferences and I cannot find where to enable/disable thumbnail view. I don't want to have to X out of the thumbnail view for every doc.
Open the document in which you would like to disable the Thumbnail.
If you do not want to see page thumbnails in the navigation pane, try using F4 to open the navigation pane.
Or choose View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Uncheck Page Thumbnails.
For more details you may also see the Page thumbnails and bookmarks in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat DC
Hope this is helps.
That works for one individual document, how do I set this as the preference for all documents when they open?
Again, I tried that and it will work for the document open but when I open a new document it appears all over again.
Can you please try resetting the pane. To reset:
1) right click on the LHP to launch context menu.
2) click on the option "Reset Panes".
If this does not solve the problem for you, please do let us know.
Can you please check your Document properties of the pdf that you are facing the issue with ?
here is how you can do that
1) Launch the Concerned pdf that you are trying with
2) Do File -> Properties or Ctrl+D(Win) or Cmnd+D(Mac)
3) Go to Initial View tab
4) Under Layout and magnification, check Navigation tab option
5) If it is set to Pages Panel and Page, then thumbnails panel would appear
5) If you want to see only the page view, set it to "Pages only" and save the document
From Next launch onwards, only the page view will appear for that file.
Let me know if you have further concerns in this
You can't change the initial view in Acrobat Reader.
This was driving me crazy too! After trying everything else, I tried going to Preferences > Documents > Open Settings and unchecked the box "Restore last view settings when reopening documents." Has worked so far. I'll write back later if it starts showing Thumbnails again.