• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remember window size in Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I open a lot of PDF's in my job.  I recently had to switch from Microsoft Edge because I couldn't read certain PDF's for some reason.  However, when they open in Reader they open too small for me to read.  I don't want them to open at full screen because if they do it's too wide and I can't read down the page without scrolling.  I just want Adobe to automatically open to the same size it was closed in.

The only answer I found in all my searching was from 2015 and involved editing a bit of code, however the answer was four years old and I can't find that code anywhere now, it must have been taken out in an update, or I just can't find it (for those curious it was HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobt\DC\ExitSection, changing bLastExitNormal from 1 to 0).

Is there a way in 2019 for Adobe to accomplish the very simple task of remembering it's window size and location?

And since I know someone will recommend it, "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" doesn't do anything.

Thanks!

Edit: Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Coryt,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the problem still persists, as stated above, you are experiencing issues while opening the file as they are very small in size to read, correct?

What is the dot version of the  Adobe Reader installed? To check the version os the application please refer to the link- Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Please check for any missing updates. Go to Help > Check for Updates. To know more about the latest version available please refer to the link - DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Try to repair installation (Windows only) Go to Help > Repair Installation.

Also please reset the preferences to default, please follow the link - How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to def... | Adobe Community

If that doesn't work, please check the internet settings under Add ons and try to toggle between the settings and see if that brings any difference.

Could you please share the screenshot when you open the PDF files. How to attach a scren shot

Let us know if that works for you

Regards,

Amal​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines