Highlighted

How to reset Reader DC config on Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comment text entered via typewriter shows up in light gray color. When I type it in, the color is black, but turns into gray when I finish. Changing color has no effect. I suspect this is caused by transparency of the text. I did some editing some time ago where I change text transparency under some other mode and it affect typewriter text ever since. I did not recall what I did exactly and where the option was. Can someone tell me who Reader DC stores its config and how I can reset it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to reset Reader DC config on Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comment text entered via typewriter shows up in light gray color. When I type it in, the color is black, but turns into gray when I finish. Changing color has no effect. I suspect this is caused by transparency of the text. I did some editing some time ago where I change text transparency under some other mode and it affect typewriter text ever since. I did not recall what I did exactly and where the option was. Can someone tell me who Reader DC stores its config and how I can reset it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pfung, 

For better understanding, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the text appearance? https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot 

I suspect this is caused by transparency of the text. I did some editing some time ago where I change text transparency under some other mode and it affect typewriter text ever since.

As mentioned above, text transparency has got changed. Are you referring to Adobe Reader's setting or some other application? I assume it could be a case with Text Color itself : If you're using the Text Box tool under Comment > Drawing Markups, then after you've entered the text just  right-click on either the comment itself or the entry in the Comments List panel, and choose Properties. On the dialog box, change the Fill Color to something else and check back.

I did not recall what I did exactly and where the option was. Can someone tell me who Reader DC stores its config and how I can reset it?

Reader DC doesn't allow to reset the preferences. However, you can remove the application using cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  and reinstall it through: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Keep us posted. And is you have managed to find the solution, then please do share your finding with us.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing opacity of textbox, rectangle and circle to 100%. I also tried to make each of those settings default. The typewriter text still turn out grayish. If I copy an existing text and modify it, the text color is black. When I type in typewriter mode, the text is black while I am typing. But when I finish and focus is loss, the text is changed to grayish color. Unlike textbox, rectangle and circle tools, the typewriter change color popup does not have opacity option. I tried changing text color, but the effect is the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to post screenshot in previous message.

1. Text color in textbox is displayed correctly.

2. Changing text color to dark blue and finished text is shown in light blue.

3. When text color is black, finished text is in gray.

4. When I am typing, text color is in black. Color change when I finish and click somewhere else.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 12.12.27 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC