• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to save an unlocked version of a locked file

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a locked file that I need to upload to a website and want to save an unlocked version.  I can open the file and save it but everytime I save it, it is password protected. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Hi Nadjam

Do you have only the free Reader? As Abambo, said, you can’t do it with the Reader. You need the paid version of Acrobat.

There are potentially two passwords, one for Open and one for Edit. You need the one for edit.

Go to the Security tab > Remove the Security > type the Edit password > Save. You should now see “Allow” by all items in the Security tab.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have Acrobat (not reader) and need to know the password. Than you can strip of the protection.

Alternatively you can use the OS to copy the file.

I‘m even not sure that the password protection is effective for saving a file. So I suppose you need a password „to open“ the file!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the password.  I can open the file.  I can save the file, but when i save it is password protected.  I need to save  a file that is NOT password protected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nadjam

Do you have only the free Reader? As Abambo, said, you can’t do it with the Reader. You need the paid version of Acrobat.

There are potentially two passwords, one for Open and one for Edit. You need the one for edit.

Go to the Security tab > Remove the Security > type the Edit password > Save. You should now see “Allow” by all items in the Security tab.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines