Highlighted

How to set adobe so that preview on taskbar only shows window not tabs?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have adobe reader dc set to open pdfs in tabs (instead of opening each pdf in a new window). And when I need, I have several windows of adobe, each with many pdf tabs. The problem arises when I try to find one window on the taskbar. When my cursor moves to the adobe icon on windows taskbar, the preview shows ALL the pdfs that are currently open, instead of each window.

(compare for example, if you have multiple windows of chrome running, each with its own number of tabs open, but when you preview on windows taskbar you only see a preview of the windows, not ALL the tabs that are currently open)

Does anyone know any way to fix this, short of creating new desktops to put the pdfs?

apologies if question is a bit too long and thanks in advance if anyone can help me ~~~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set adobe so that preview on taskbar only shows window not tabs?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have adobe reader dc set to open pdfs in tabs (instead of opening each pdf in a new window). And when I need, I have several windows of adobe, each with many pdf tabs. The problem arises when I try to find one window on the taskbar. When my cursor moves to the adobe icon on windows taskbar, the preview shows ALL the pdfs that are currently open, instead of each window.

(compare for example, if you have multiple windows of chrome running, each with its own number of tabs open, but when you preview on windows taskbar you only see a preview of the windows, not ALL the tabs that are currently open)

Does anyone know any way to fix this, short of creating new desktops to put the pdfs?

apologies if question is a bit too long and thanks in advance if anyone can help me ~~~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is any control of this, in fact I think it's deliberate. I've noticed some apps do this and some don't. For instance, Chrome doesn't do it, but Internet Explorer does do it. So it may be Microsoft's recommendation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Microsoft's recommendation. Furthermore, both Chrome and Internet Explorer offer options to show each tab in the taskbar or to only show the active tab. Both are very common setups.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this question too. I want it to show me each reader window, not all the tabs which I've organised into multiple windows at once.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC