• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am recieving the folllowing error message each time I log into my computer from Acrobat Reader DC

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I log into my desktop computer (Windows 10), I receive the following error message from Adobe Acrobat DC  "Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open hpqtra08.exe. disabled because it was either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)"

Does anyone know what the error message means and how to correct it?

Obviously I uninstalled and re-installed the program and the error message still exists.  Additionally, the repair installation does not work either.  HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TJ

According to HP, this error can be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling your HP Printer:

hpqtra08.exe application error - HP Support Community - 646569

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not make sense?? How does my PRINTER associated with Acrobat Reader DC?? Moreover, I’ve never had any issues with it?? I’m sorry that doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TJ,

You can ask Hewlett Packard if you need more info and since the first link I gave you didn't make sense to you. Here is the address for their support:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that does not make any sense whatsoever... how does my printer have any association with Acrobat Reader DC??   what if I don't have a HP Printer?  Sorry, doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines