• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open my PDF file with every other PDF reader except one version

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several options but failed to open my PDF file with all versions I have tried. Other versions either say it is not the right format or that  but  it is corrupted PDF Reader 3.26.3 which works on Android mobile devices was able to open it. All my clients who visit my website complian about this problem, so I request that they download PDF Reader 3.26.3  ajdbuse for that purpose which makes the process cumbersome for those who already have other versions of PDF readers. What would you recommend as a way out especially seeing that most clients use desktop applications for this purpose and I can't find an equivalent of this working Android version in the desktop windows Operating System. Ibhave attached a file I used for the above explanations. It opens with PDF Reader  Version 3.26.3 but fails with other versions.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , PDF Pack , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention any Adobe products but you imply that multiple other PDF readers have issues opening your PDF file. This is probably indicative of a malformed PDF file that the third-party PDF Reader 3.26.3 is able to open, probably because it is ignoring possibly very serious errors in your PDF file.

If  you can post or point to the PDF file, maybe someone here might be able to ascertain what is wrong with the PDF file you are distributing.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. This response gives me hope. I truely need to get over this challenge as soon as possible. I have attached one of such generated files (Certificate-160046822941512165219.pdf) that every PDF reader except PDF 3.26.3 cannot open. Let me know if there is a desktop version that will also ignore the error and open it like version 3.26.3 does. May i also add that sometimes when such PDF files are generated from the website, they open especially at the early period of launch of the application that generates it. Some nights when (i suspect that there is less traffic), it opens easily but for most times, it fails to open. I have also attached along with this message, the logo (th.jpg) of the PDF version that works on the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. This response gives me hope. I truely need to get over this challenge as soon as possible. I have attached one of such generated files (Certificate-160046822941512165219.pdf) that every PDF reader except PDF 3.26.3 cannot open. Let me know if there is a desktop version that will also ignore the error and open it like version 3.26.3 does. May i also add that sometimes when such PDF files are generated from the website, they open especially at the early period of launch of the application that generates it. Some nights when (i suspect that there is less traffic), it opens easily but for most times, it fails to open. I have also attached along with this message, the logo (th.jpg) of the PDF version that works on the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is damaged. The begin looks like HTML and the end looks like PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. It certainly isn't a valid PDF. However, there is a valid PDF inside it, which I guess this "PDF Reader" can use. So, what you need to do is get the files fixed, not make your users jump through hoops (especially the ones without Android).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines