• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 11 - AdobeDC - Can't Open Files in Browser (Grey)

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've a issue when try to open PDF files in IE11 browser. The first time when i try to open it the page stay grey and not show the image, but if i do F5 /Refresh the document load successufully.

I have the lastest version of Adobe DC 2020.006.20034 and my IE11 is in version 11.973.17763.0.

In Chrome and EDGE i dont have problems, but the goal is open PDFs in IE11.

This situations occured recently in all machines we tested.

I followed the Official Adobe Support site for this cases without success.

Any Ideias?

Thank You,

Dani

TOPICS
PDF and browsers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dani,

Thank you for reaching out.

As you have mentioned above, the PDFs open with grey screen at first and only appears after the refresh.

Does it occurs with all the PDFs you try to open or with some PDFs that you open from the particular location? It would be helpful if you can share the workflow.

Are you using the application on work machines or the personal machines? 

We will be waiting for more details.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks for quickly reply.

In fact, at this moment, i'm verifying this situation only in one specific site, i tryed other links in this site with same behaviour. Is strange because with other browser i don't have problems to read/open PDF. The problem is only with IE11.

It is a enterprise enviroment.

Hope you can help.

If you need more details just ask.

Best Regards

Dani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dani,

As the issue occurs with a particular website, would you mind sharing the website link with us?

We would like to check it on our end.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

This situation occurs only in a website, but it's necessary logon.

I will try to send the logs you want for you.

Thank You

Dani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In our company, we also have problems opening pdf files in IE11 browser. In ours, case this happens random in some cases daily on some weekly and so on... The page stay grey and do not show document, you must than trough task manager kill adobe process in background and then if you refresh page it works. We experience this problem in ours internal webpage for documents (Amplexor/documentum). If we are using Chrome browser that has built in his own pdf reader there is no problem. If we delete acrobat and install foxit we also do not have problems. We need a solution because we have acrobat reader DC installed on 7000+ PCs and solution to use different product is not an options. I must say that I also seen this problems with users that have installed Acrobat standard or pro 2017 version. We are installing updates for reader regularly. Currently we have Adobe reader DC version 2020.009.20063 and IE version 11.1397.17763.0. I can see that are yearly reports with this kind of problems, do you have any solution?

Thank you

Nejc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines