Highlighted

Image copied from PDF is black

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I find I can extract an image from a PDF by selected it, copying it, then pasting it into an image program such as MS Paint.

However, I have a series of PDFs where, if I try this, the image is black.

The Snapshot functionality is not appropriate here since that can only be used to select a viewable area onscreen and in this case the image is much bigger than the screen (and if I zoom out, the resulting image is low resolution).

Any help appreciated,

P.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image copied from PDF is black

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I find I can extract an image from a PDF by selected it, copying it, then pasting it into an image program such as MS Paint.

However, I have a series of PDFs where, if I try this, the image is black.

The Snapshot functionality is not appropriate here since that can only be used to select a viewable area onscreen and in this case the image is much bigger than the screen (and if I zoom out, the resulting image is low resolution).

Any help appreciated,

P.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you may be using the full version of Acrobat? Is that correct?

If so, you want this forum: Acrobat

This is the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum. Reader cannot "extract" images.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's for Reader. Yes, one can indeed copy and paste images from Reader.

P.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. "Copy/Paste" and extract are two different things. Copy/paste will work yes but "Extract" is an actual feature of Adobe Acrobat that will pull images at their set resolution. "Copy/Paste" won't do that.

It could be that the image has a transparent layer on top of it. PDF's can have several layers and they can be on top or behind the image. If it's on top, you may have to us the snapshot tool.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link above to "Forum" does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because this is an old thread. They have completely rebuilt the forums since this was posted.

You can find the Acrobat forum HERE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC