• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image copied from PDF is black

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I find I can extract an image from a PDF by selected it, copying it, then pasting it into an image program such as MS Paint.

However, I have a series of PDFs where, if I try this, the image is black.

The Snapshot functionality is not appropriate here since that can only be used to select a viewable area onscreen and in this case the image is much bigger than the screen (and if I zoom out, the resulting image is low resolution).

Any help appreciated,

P.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you may be using the full version of Acrobat? Is that correct?

If so, you want this forum: Acrobat

This is the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum. Reader cannot "extract" images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's for Reader. Yes, one can indeed copy and paste images from Reader.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. "Copy/Paste" and extract are two different things. Copy/paste will work yes but "Extract" is an actual feature of Adobe Acrobat that will pull images at their set resolution. "Copy/Paste" won't do that.

It could be that the image has a transparent layer on top of it. PDF's can have several layers and they can be on top or behind the image. If it's on top, you may have to us the snapshot tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link above to "Forum" does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because this is an old thread. They have completely rebuilt the forums since this was posted.

You can find the Acrobat forum HERE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same. Did you ever find a resolution to this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me: right click on the area you selected, then instead of "copy image" hit "copy with formatting".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could fix this issue was to scan it to myself and then do the image copy off of the scan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue. The only time I was able to copy without seeing the black box was to select: "Edit--> Edit text and images" on both documents. Then Edit--> copy the desired object/image, and then paste on the destinattion file. I'm using Acrobat though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black box issue has been aggravating me for months! I tried all of the solutions proposed in other users' posts without success. Every item I copied turned into a black box when I pasted it to the destination. 

This worked for me:

On the original document, go to "Tools", and open "Rich Media". When you click/copy your selection, you can see it being uploaded to the clipboard. From there, I was able to paste to the destination without any issues (I didn't have the media tool open on the destination document).

I hope this is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! This technique worked for me the first time I tried it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, you saved my life. I had to paste-in-place an image on 60 different pages on a document and this is the only solution that worked for me. shift+paste never worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of selecting, copying and pasting directly, one has to go to edit -> take a snapshot --> right click =copy selected graphic and Voilà ðŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your findings with us @Maysa31734081y2br 

This workaround would help other users who are experiencing the same issue. 

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An alternative to the 'snapshot' method is to "save image as" a .tiff file.  Then copy the tiff file into whatever document or application you're working in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines