• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Reader on Different Drive

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am attempting to install Adobe Reader onto a different drive (E), as my C drive has absolutely no space remaining, and I cannot delete anything off of it.

I am aware of the Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution download, which I have downloaded onto the E drive, however there are still files that get placed in the ProgramData folder of my C drive, which takes up 404mb that I do not have to spare, so I am unable to install Adobe Reader.

My question is, is there a way to get the full installer place those files that it places into the ProgramData folder into my E drive rather than them defaulting into my C drive?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The basic answer is that this isn't practically possible.

For a complete response to this, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/user-profiles-and-logon/relocation-of-users-and-programdata-directories. Please read this carefullyl!

Theoretically, you can move that directory, but doing so essentially “bricks” your system in terms of any subsequent Windows updates from Microsoft.

This limitation is true for virtually all significant Windows applications (including M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The basic answer is that this isn't practically possible.

For a complete response to this, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/user-profiles-and-logon/relocation-of-u.... Please read this carefullyl!

Theoretically, you can move that directory, but doing so essentially “bricks” your system in terms of any subsequent Windows updates from Microsoft.

This limitation is true for virtually all significant Windows applications (including Microsoft Office and all other Adobe applications).

Regrettably, the easiest solution is to upgrade your system disk to something signficantly larger in capacity. If you are that low on space, you are likely to have other problems in terms of dynamic system paging and hibernation files as well as for doing any operating system updates.

Sorry, but there isn't any better news for you than this!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines