• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Reader DC 15.016.20039 using SCCM 2012

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue pushing out Reader DC 15.016.20039 using an application package I created with SCCM 2012R2. I believe I've narrowed down the issue to the Command-Line syntax I'm using. I'm trying to install Reader with an MST file I created using Adobe's Customization app.

If I use the following syntax msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi" /q, then Reader will install successfully on any workstation I push it to.

When I use the following syntax msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi" /q TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst", the installation fails.

I am able to manually install Reader with the MST file using the following syntax msiexec /i [UNC PATH]\AcroRead.msi TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst" /qb so I know it's not an issue with the shared folder, permissions or the MST file I had created.

Any help, advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That detection works also, but I don't use "Greater than" or "Greater than or equal to" for any of my detection methods.  You can't be sure which is installed for sure, could be even newer than your deployment.  Acrobat is one program however that those methods can work pretty well, because even if the version is updated beyond what you intended, the uninstall still works since it is the same MSI Product Code.  Many many applications don't work that way and when they update the Product Code changes.  In that case your "Great than" would still show as installed, but you would fail at removing it because the MSI Product Code is no longer valid.  So for this application I'd say you're safe, but I'd caution you as to making that type of method your standard practice for all applications.

I just use MSI Product Code and Version, because it is less steps to update it when I run my builds.  I don't reuse the applications, but rather create a whole new application each time.  So selecting the radio box and entering version is a little easier for me.  I do go one step further which is a bit over kill, but I add a requirement that says if the version is newer than the version I provide, the entire application will no longer be displayed or available to the user.  This stops them trying to install an old version over a newer one.  Not so much applicable for this application for the reasons mentioned above, but for others this comes into play.  Really applicable for Flash Player and because we use Shavlik to update 3rd party applications like Flash, Reader, Acrobat, Java, etc. this will happen often since it is so easy to deploy the updates that way.  It then takes us a day or so to catch up with the actual Application updates in Software Center.  The requirement is just a Band-Aid to avoid service desk calls of users trying to install an older version over a newer one they already are updated to.

Sorry, long explanation that wasn't really needed, but once I started it just kept going!  Anyway to each his/her own.  They both work!  Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really helpful post! I would love to know how you setup your requirement to say if the version is newer than the version provided then do not install. The would be useful to know so it can be used for other applications.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can we use the ConflictingProcessList.xml with sccm?

also is there a way to integrate/slipstream FontPack1500720033_XtdAlf_Lang_DC.msi & AcroRdrSD1500720033_all_DC.msi to the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you are trying to do this with 2017 classic? the setup.ini looks very different.

[Startup]

RequireOS=Windows 7

RequireMSI=3.0

RequireIE=6.0.2600.0

[Product]

msi=AcroRead.msi

Languages=1033;1031;1036;1041;1034;1040;1043;1046;1053;1030;1035;1044;2052;1028;1042;1069;1027;1050;1029;1038;1045;1048;1049;1051;1060;1055;1058

1033=English (United States)

1031=German (Germany)

1036=French (France)

1041=Japanese

1034=Spanish (Traditional Sort)

1040=Italian (Italy)

1043=Dutch (Netherlands)

1046=Portuguese (Brazil)

1053=Swedish

1030=Danish

1035=Finnish

1044=Norwegian (Bokmal)

2052=Chinese Simplified

1028=Chinese Traditional

1042=Korean

1069=Basque

1027=Catalan

1050=Croatian

1029=Czech

1038=Hungarian

1045=Polish

1048=Romanian

1049=Russian

1051=Slovak

1060=Slovenian

1055=Turkish

1058=Ukrainian

[Windows 7]

PlatformID=2

MajorVersion=6

MinorVersion=1

[MSI Updater]

Path=http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/8.x/8.0/misc/WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure how your Deployment is configured, but you don't need a Secondary Deployment for the update. You can configure a single Deployment that will install both, the base installation and update. See below for the command I use to kick off the installation, the files used in the Deployment and my SETUP.INI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My setup.ini looks very different from yours - I think you are using continuous method and I am trying to install Classic. When I change my setup to match yours, the install does not add the patch and does not run silently.

I get a non-silent install of the base 17.008.30051

I have downloaded - ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/Acrobat2017/1701130078/AcroRdr2017Upd1701130078_MUI.msp

and extracted it to my install folder. I used the customization tool and put that mst into my folder. I have also download the latest Upd msp AcrobatDCUpd18001120035.msp.

I need some help getting it installed with the patch and the msp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines