Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support,

Could you help us on interactive PDF issues? We have created an interactive PDF, that shows sometimes weird behavior, eg.:

1. Mouse over banners appear without being triggered
  2. Buttons are visible without being triggered

Our problem is, that sometimes everything is fine and then sometimes these things appear out of nowhere. 

We use Adobe Acrobat Reader in full view mode. What can we do about it?

Kind regards
TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Acrobat Reader forum for you, where you are more likely to get an answer.

This site isn't actually Adobe support. It's a user-to-user forum where users of Adobe products help each other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thanks a lot. Do you know, if there is a direct support for Adobe Acrobat as well or only the support community? Unfortunately our problem is a little bit urgent and we really have to find an answer to this.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the customer support site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

I think there's also phone support. If you google Adobe Customer Support Phone, it should give you a local to your part of the world number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to better explain the issues you're having.

What do you mean by "mouse over banners"? What "triggers" are you referring to?

And yes, please share either screenshots or the file itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

thanks a lot for your replies. I added some screenshots to explain the problem better. 

Page_01.jpg: This is how the page looks, when I land on it. As you can see, there is this grey button with a cross visible, although it shouldn't. What should happening on this page is:

1. click on one of the buttons on the left side
  2. a text field and the grey buttton appears
  3. click on the grey button and the text field and the grey button disapears

Page_02_a/Page_02_b:

1. Page_02_a.jpeg shows how it currently looks, when I land on this page. 
  2. The Description field shouldn't be visible
  3. Then you click on "Tab 01" and the numbers like in image "page_02_a.jpg" should appear. 
  4. The Descritpion box is still visible, although it shouldn't
  5. The right way would be, that the description box appears, if I move my mouse over the number field 4

I checked everything double in InDesign. On both pages, the objects, which are visible at the beginning are marked as "not visible until triggered" (I am not sure about the phrase in English, but I hope you know what I mean. 

So has anyone of you some experience with this "strange" behaviour and maybe some answer to it? I already built the side new again and I have some similar sides which are working fine so I am completely clueless.

Kind regards and thanks for your help

page_01page_01page_02_apage_02_apage_02_bpage_02_b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what InDesign means by "not visible until triggered". There's no such thing in Acrobat.

It might be better to ask in the InDesign forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It means, that the interactive object is invisible, until eg. a button is clicked. The problem is, that it is looking right on my computer, but on another one, I am getting the issues, described above. So I assume, that it might be an acrobat issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines