Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer (Windows 10) crashing when opening random PDF file

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I have a problem with Adobe Reader on Internet Explorer (latest version). When i open a PDF file, it works perfectly, but when i try to open a 2nd one, it crashes I.E. Sometimes it crashes when opening a 3rd or 4th PDF file. After that, i can start I.E. again and open PDF files, but the problem persist. What i tried:

- Updated Adobe Reader to latest version

- Updated Windows 10 to latest version (20H2)

- Repair Adobe Reader install

- Restore to defaults I.E.

- Tried to open PDF files in another browser (Chrome), same issue. 

Any ideas? Thank you

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Maybe change the default web browser integration from internet explorer in acrobat to one of those browsers. I think the problem is with the Adobe Reader PDF Internet plug-in. You can check if this is the problem by removing it from the toolbar and extensions (if you're on MS Windows).

You can also try and see if disabling Protectd Mode at Startup, or Protected View from the Preferences do any difference, although it will open your workflow to vulnerabilities.

What happens if you disable Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe change the default web browser integration from internet explorer in acrobat to one of those browsers. I think the problem is with the Adobe Reader PDF Internet plug-in. You can check if this is the problem by removing it from the toolbar and extensions (if you're on MS Windows).

You can also try and see if disabling Protectd Mode at Startup, or Protected View from the Preferences do any difference, although it will open your workflow to vulnerabilities.

What happens if you disable Protected View or Protected Mode at startup?

In Edit--->>> Preferences--->>> Security Enhanced, have you enabled "Automatically Trust sites from my Windows OS security zones"?

Alternatively, what happens if you disable the Adobe Internet plug-in from the toolbar and extensions (if you're on MS Windows)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines