• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a solution for a PowerPoint document failing to covert to a PDF?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have seen this question posted several times in the forums but I have not found a discussion where the solution works for my situation. I am getting two separate errors when I try to covert a PowerPoint to a PDF. I have tried to "Export" and "Save as" which gives me an error saying "An error occurred while PowerPoint was saving the file>" When I try to print to a PDF, I get an error saying something about how my printer is not set up correctly. Is there anything that can be done about this?

My OS is Windows 10, PowerPoint 2016, and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (Version 2015.020.20042).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to "Export" or "Save as" to a pdf from Powerpoint then you aren't using an Adobe product. That would be a function of Powerpoint itself. Reader will just be used to view the finished product.

Reader also does not come with a pdf printer so if you have one, it must have been installed by some other product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I have Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard installed as well which is what I usually print to. I agree that it is most likely a problem on Microsoft's end/a Windows 10 issue. After being on the phone with MS support for 3+ hours on Friday, they couldn't really tell me what the problem was. I was just checking on this end to see if anyone had found a solution or workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Yeah, there may be a problem with the file itself since both the Powerpoint pdf generator AND the Adobe pdf printer have failed. Hard to say.

Can you try opening Acrobat Standard and use File>Create pdf from file then choose the Powerpoint file and see if that works? The route to create pdf from file may be slightly different in version 9. I haven't used it in a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong my friend. Adobe is the problem. I get the same error using Acrobat reader BUT, using Foxit Reader, it saves just fine. This proves problem is with Adobe.

Aside: I like how these manufacturers always point back to the other as the problem. You contact Adobe, they say MS is the problem then you call MS and they say Adobe is the problem. Using and having a success with a different tool shows which software piece is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may use this online tool to convert it.

https://www.pdf2go.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines