• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to generate PDF certificate confirming validity of digital signature?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used self signed certificate to sign PDF documents. The recipient of the documents is asking for a PDF copy of the certificate. I assume they are refering to one you can generate when you eSign documents using service like DocuSign.

I sahred the following step by step with the recepient about how to validate my signature, but they insist on getting a PDF version...

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/validating-digital-signatures.html?jarvisData=%7B%22versionPat...

Is it even possible in Adober and if yes, how?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that they doesn't accept self created certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt they know what it is and what the difference is. It is an insurance underwriter who most likely follow some internal policy and may not have technical background. They used to DocuSign which generates one pager PDF as a separate document confirming digital signature validity. For now I emailed them a screenshot of the Adobe signature panel, but is there a way to export all the details from the signature panel including underlying certificate details into a 1 page PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible with Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I figured. Sounds like a new feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want them to be able to verify your signature you need to send them the public key for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, but they have no clue what and how unfortunately, even I sene the link from Adobe with instructions. They used to a one pager PDF certificate DocuSign generates to confirm validity of a signature. By other words, will be noce to be able to generate a PDF which contains all the signature details along with the signed document and the certificate as signature panel shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should the PDF file confirm the validity of the digital certificate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

once you varify a digital signature with the public key, whatever content is presented in the signature panel (see screenshot below) can be exported into one pager PDF including all certificate details.

let's say you need to prove a validiti of a signature in a court of law. How can you do it today? You need to run live demo in the court, open PDF, load public key, verify the cignature and present the results on the screen or capture screenshots as you execute the steps.

Perhaps having an option to gnerate one pager with all the details including 'Certificate Details' and more details about the machine on which one pager was generated... similar to what DocuSign calls 'Certificate of Completion':

Every signed DocuSign document comes with a certificate of completion that provides proof of the signing process to all parties of the transaction. This certificate includes information from the audit trail, illustrating who signed, timestamps detailing when and where each person signed, and the completed document itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines