• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to spell check a PDF without converting it to Word or paying an annual fee?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to spell check a PDF without converting it to Word or paying an annual fee?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Not with Reader no since it isn't a PDF editing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean in Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with Reader no since it isn't a PDF editing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Well then. I'll quit trying to figure it out and see what else Adobe might offer with this capability. Thanks so much for your quick response. I'm new to Adobe and learning as I go. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem.

My suggestion would be to copy/paste into a Wrod document though but unfortunately even if you do, you still couldn't make the corrections in the PDF. Even if you have AdobeAcrobat (a PDF editor) it may not be easy to make edits. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, graffiti. I'm looking at Adobe Acrobat, just for the ability to do basic edits as an editor, not as a designer. If you have any other recommendations, I'm all eyes (ears, whatever) . . . but no pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, actually there is a way to do that... I have developed a Spell Checker Suite for both Acrobat and Reader.

Have a look here for more info: http://try67.blogspot.com/search/label/Spell-check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a script for everything.

I mean that in a good sort of way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I did sign up for th $14.99 per month plan.  Should I be able to spell check at that point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only form fields and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe DC Pro is a PDF editor now. Where is the spell checker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can spell check form fields and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't a spell-checker in Acrobat, either, at least not for static text, only for comments and form fields.

If you go to the link I provided above you'll find my (paid-for) script for Acrobat that allows you to do it, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines